Our Robot Design Process
I would like to use this area to have an open discussion on our designs for the new game “sack attack”. Please feel free to offer your response, comments or ideas in the reply box below.
My First thoughts are;
- There is a high possibility that sacks may split open or break
- The sacks are as much terrain as game pieces
- A big advantage will be to travel under the 15” troughs
- De-scoring is a potential alliance must
- Stacking the sacks will be important if the high goal is to be utilised
- Shielding troughs or high goals would be useful but is it legal?
- Multi wheel drive “land rover style”, no small wheels- gear ratios are essential!
- A claw looks cool but will be heavy on operator control
- We must look at industry standards on shifting un-even loads
- Autonomous will be disrupted by impacting loads
- Fast scoring is essential, autonomous points will be a must
Our latest build; Watch those fingers!