As an engineer, you need:
• To have technical ability.
• An interest in mathematics, science and technology.
• The ability to combine an analytical, logical approach with creativity and imagination to solve problems.
• To work well as part of a team.
• The ability to encourage other people’s ideas.
• To be flexible and able to compromise.
• Strong communication skills to write reports and to explain complex information to people from non-technical backgrounds.
• Organisational skills to plan your own time and to co-ordinate resources.
• A willingness to take on responsibility and to lead and motivate others.
• Good IT skills – a lot of engineering work involves using computers.
• To be willing to keep up to date with advances in engineering.
|Personal Qualities & Skills||Pay and Opportunities||Where could I work?||Qualifications||What we do|