As an engineer, you need:
- To have technical ability.
- An interest in mathematics, science and technology.
- The ability to combine an analytical, logical approach with creativity and imagination to solve problems.
- To work well as part of a team.
- The ability to encourage other people’s ideas.
- To be flexible and able to compromise.
- Strong communication skills to write reports and to explain complex information to people from non-technical backgrounds.
- Organisational skills to plan your own time and to co-ordinate resources.
- A willingness to take on responsibility and to lead and motivate others.
- Good IT skills – a lot of engineering work involves using computers.
- To be willing to keep up to date with advances in engineering.
One row and three columns:
|Personal Qualities & Skills||Pay and Opportunities||Where could I work?||Qualifications||What we do|